Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Appreciation

When it comes to keeping the streets safe, I and the rest of The Mysterious Minute-Men do what we do not because we need praise. We do it because it must be done. Because we CAN do it. And because we are compelled to do it. For the benefit of the city. Of the people. Of our way of life.

Regardless of what Orion may try to let you believe, it is not always fun and games. Well, actually, it is rarely fun and games. We deal in people's lives and livelihood. That is what protecting Metro City is all about.

However, I will say, that at the end of the day, or in the case of recent events, at the end of a very tiring week, there is an indescribable wave of joy that accompanies any unexpected word of thanks.

That is just what happened tonight. After another rough patrol, as I slunk into my booth here at Stan's, I was greeted by a message as soon as I got online. Someone praising me for what I do.

Those moments are magical and I treasure them always.

Thank you for your kind words. It makes the on-going battle with evil worth every drop of sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment